Region 8 Scholarship Information
Thank you for your interest in the World Tang Soo Do Foundation Region 8 Scholarship Award.
The World Tang Soo Do Foundation (WTSDF) is a 501(c)(3) and is the charitable arm of the World Tang Soo Do Association. Each region of our association has the opportunity to participate in providing merit-based scholarships for WTSDA members, in good standing, who are college or graduate students or high school seniors who will be attending an accredited college or university program in the upcoming academic year.
There are two opportunities per year for active WTSDA Region 8 members who meet the criteria to apply for scholarships to support their higher education goals.
For more information on the process and requirements for your application, see below or contact the Region 8 Scholarship Committee Chair.
Students may download the Region 8 Scholarship application directly from this website and submit their completed package to the Scholarship Committee Chair by
July 30th for Fall Award cycle
January 30th for Spring Award cycle
When preparing your application, please review the following guidelines and requirements. Students may only apply to the Region in which they have completed their most recent year of training.
• All interested parties may request an application packet in writing/email from the Committee Chair or their studio head.
• All completed applications must be received in a single packet by the designated deadline. It is the applicant's responsibility to meet all application requirements. Incomplete applications will be ineligible for consideration.
• Applicants must
– submit the General Information Form and Candidate Questions
– submit a 500-word minimum essay entitled "How Tang Soo Do Has Made a Difference in My Life"
– submit a separate letter describing their educational goals
– be full time students in their senior year of high school, full time students currently attending a college or university, and students pursuing an advanced degree (graduate or doctorate degree)
– be a member, in good standing, with the WTSDA
– submit three (3) recommendation forms (on the forms provided), one from each of the following areas:
Students can download the Region 8 Scholarship application packet as a single file or as individual sections
Entire Packet - Candidate Forms and Recommendation Forms
To request an application packet, submit an application, or ask questions, contact:
Region 8 Scholarship Committee Chair
Mr. Scott Thompson
Your donation to the World Tang Soo Do Foundation Region 8 Scholarship Fund supports awarding scholarships to active WTSDA Region 8 members who meet the criteria. This contributes to their achieving their higher education goals.
Click below to donate securely via Square (remember there is a service fee for credit card donations so we will not receive the full amount) or donate at a Region 8 event.